July Birchbox Review // Go Bold

| On
Sunday, July 26, 2015
I have been a Birchbox subscriber for officially a year. For those of you who might be on the fence about joining, I'll say it's definitely not for everyone. I love Birchbox for so many reasons, the top reason being that I often have little time to research or shop for new beauty items. Birchbox removes the necessity for me to go out and try to find things that are on trend and right for me. And who doesn't love getting a cute little package once a month?

This month Birchbox was all about going bold for the last month of summer. While I didn't love all of the products in my box this time around, I definitely found a few that I'm adding to my favorites.

stila look at me liquid lipstick in bella
This sample was my choice sample for the month and I was so excited to try it. (Every so often, Birchbox will let you select your sample out of three or four options.) Let me be clear -- my lips are typically covered in nothing but good old-fashioned Blistex and my idea of a bold lip includes anything and everything tinted. That said, I was very excited to try this new-fangled "liquid lipstick" that would supposedly stay on my lips through morning coffee and evening happy hours. I wore this lip color for a casual day at work and applied it using this tutorial from Birchbox. First impression -- wow, this is the wrong color for me. But I decided to rock it anyway. It definitely lasted through my morning coffee and faded only slightly throughout the day. While this probably won't be my go-to color, I'd be curious to try a more appropriate shade.

Bumble and bumble. All-style Blow Dry
I am in love with this product. My hair takes a beating pretty regularly -- blow dry in the morning, lots of product, and the occasional flat iron. While my hair is typically never too frizzy, I definitely noticed a difference after using this product. My hair felt smoother, held it's volume longer, and smelled amazing. This blow dry serum is definitely on my wishlist.

Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis Cologne Absolue
One of the many things I adore about Birchbox is all of the thought that goes into customization. I typically stick to one scent until I need to buy a new one, so I didn't want to receive a ton of perfume samples in my monthly box. In the customization profile I was able to select an option to receive 6 perfume samples per year. Six samples each year allows me to shop around for my favorites while not being overwhelmed by scents when I'd rather get other products. The Atelier Cologne is my fourth scent sample this year and it is an incredible scent. This perfume smells like refreshing grapefruit and flowers. It's fresh and luxurious and, according to Birchbox, contains ingredients from around the globe. This might not make it as my everyday scent, but it's got potential for a special occasion scent.
Key West Aloe Save a Tan
In the summer, I have a major problem with the sun. My skin burns so easily it often seems like I can do very little to protect it. I regularly use SPF on my face and apply sunscreen religiously when I know I'm going to be outside all day. But there always seem to be those days where I'll look down at my arms or chest and notice that red glow starting to appear. This aloe lotion will be perfect for the next time I get burned and need some sweet smelling relief.


Whish Three Whishes Body Butter
I've gotten a few products throughout the year from Whish and I must say that their scents are always incredible. I love putting my lotion samples in my purse for moisturizer on the go. While I likely won't be buying a full-size product, the almond scent and size of the sample are enough to earn a spot in my travel bag.

---
Interested in joining Birchbox? Receive great samples like these and much more by signing up here!
2 comments on "July Birchbox Review // Go Bold"
  1. I stopped my birchbox account a few months ago after being disappointed but seeing your items makes me want to rejoin. These are actually items I'd be interested in sampling.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9