Friday Five // Week 5

| On
Friday, January 30, 2015
This week was insane. Work really piled up for me last week and I spent this entire week trying to get ahead of the rush again. Over the weekend C and I did a few little projects around the house, put together my new bookshelf, and spent some time re-watching the entire Game of Thrones series. Tonight we're going to the Game of Thrones IMAX Experience to watch the last two episodes from last season on the big screen! It's going to be, in a word, epic. I'm beyond excited to see this amazing scene from Episode 9 for purely cinematic reasons. Other than that, I've got a pretty relaxing weekend in store for me, interrupted only by the big game on Sunday.

Moving on, here's five things to keep you busy over the weekend!

1 // Budweiser "Lost Dog" Commercial


Budweiser's ad for the upcoming Super Bowl is another one for the ages. True story - I cried the first time I watched this. It needs no explanation why. Just watch it and hug your dog extra tight tonight. Also, remember this Budweiser commercial from a few years ago? I did, and I cried again.

2 // 27 Puppies Who Are Too Cute to Be Real


While we're on the topic of puppies and all things adorable, check out these cuties.

3 // The Ultimate Routine for a Perfect Work Day


I am pretty sure that I saw this article first thing Monday morning when I was drinking my coffee. I decided to give it a little try throughout the week. I found that, definitely in the mornings, it helped me to be more productive and less stressed at work. I especially enjoy the suggestion to watch cute cat videos! The thing I can't quite get my mind around is the 17 minute break. I know they cite some decent research, but 17 minutes just seems like such a long time!

4 // Why I'm Done Being a "Nice Girl"
I originally saved this article because of the title, but after reading it I'm going to keep it for many other reasons. I think that too often I take the nice route instead of standing up to people and speaking my mind. Over the summer, soon after C and I adopted Zeppelin, a neighbor's friend came up to us while we were outside and asked to pet Zeppelin. I, of course, said yes, but warned him that he was easily excited and still very much a puppy. I turned around for a quick second to check my cell phone and by the time I turned back around, this stranger had picked up a very scared and uncomfortable Zeppelin. This stranger then proceeded to hang around for the next few minutes while I acted very nice, but mentioned that I had some errands I needed to run and went back inside with my dog. If I had been a little more direct with this individual, I could have spared Zeppelin being totally freaked out. Some of these tips could definitely help me be more assertive in situations that call for it. From now on, I'll be a fierce puppy mom.

5 // Why These 7 Cities Should Be on Your Travel List


I have had some serious wanderlust lately, and articles like this aren't helping. I do have my heart set on taking myself (and C, of course!) on a little vacation this summer, and some of these destinations are looking pretty great right about now!

2// Image from Buzzfeed via imgur. 3// Infographic by Alissa Scheller for The Huffington Post. 5// Image courtesy of Charleston Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9