Friday Five // Week 2

| On
Friday, January 09, 2015
This week was pretty relaxing. C, Z, and I stayed home pretty much all weekend, savoring the last few days of vacation before heading back to work on Monday. We finally got a good amount of snow, although I could do without the single-digit temperatures. I worked a few days this week, then headed up to Torch Lake for a long winter weekend with my family. The cabin we're staying sits right on the edge of the lake and is currently in the middle of a pretty nice snowstorm. It's been snowing and blowing since we arrived last night.
I'm sure quite a few of you are having a winter weekend of your own! Here's five things to keep you busy while you're snowed in for the weekend.

One // Classic MS-DOS Games @ Internet Archive
I saw an announcement about this on Twitter a few days ago and knew I had to share. The Internet Archive has a pretty extensive software that now includes tons of MS-DOS games that you can play online for free! Obviously everyone I know remembers the glory of playing Oregon Trail. Honestly, I've never made it all the way to the coast. I always died of dysentery or ran out of food midway through. Now I can work on my strategy!

Two // BarkPost: Frenchie Bulldog Says I Love You
Okay, this video is adorable. Zeppelin, my puppy, is pretty chatty sometimes, but he hasn't come anywhere close to this most adorable confession of love.

Three // Game of Thrones, Season 5
If you're a fan of HBO's epic series Game of Thrones, then you already know the most important news of the week - Season 5 is set to premiere on Sunday, April 12! While this season might be starting a few weeks later than in the past, that just gives us all a little more time to go back through the first four seasons and prepare ourselves. If you aren't already watching this show, but like your TV with a mix of nerdy-magic-political thriller-action movie, then I highly recommend checking this series out. So many complex and amazing characters exist in this world that it is definitely worth a look. And if you like the show, then you can read the books, too!

Four // BeardRevered
True Life: I Haven't Seen My S.O.'s Chin in Six Years. Yes, C is one of those guys who can totally rock a beard. For the whole time we've been dating (9 years, or so) he has had some sort of facial hair. Needless to say, I'm incredibly supportive of those gentlemen who are so follicly inclined. I recently stumbled upon this tumblr, which is basically a shrine in honor of beards.

Five // BookBub
Obviously a cold winter's night calls for a cup of hot tea, a cozy blanket, and a good book. To save space in my suitcase this weekend, I brought my tablet instead of a few books. Ebooks can be expensive sometimes and often the books I want to read are in high demand from my local library. I recently discovered this website, BookBub, that will eliminate some of those issues. BookBub sends me a daily email with ebook deals from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a few other websites. I can snag a book I've been wanting to read for $1.99 instead of the original $8. Sometimes there are even free ebooks! If you're looking to build your ebook collection, I'd definitely check this out.
Stay warm out there!
1 comment on "Friday Five // Week 2"
  1. My mom is obsessed with BookBub! She asks me like every week what new books I got off it (usually just the free ones).
    Can I just say that "so follicly inclined" should be the new #1 phrase describing men with solid beards? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9