Always a Student

| On
Tuesday, January 06, 2015

I love learning.

I have always loved learning. When I was younger I would beg my Mom to make me little worksheets because I couldn't get enough homework. One summer she even bought my brother and I little workbooks to keep us busy over the summer and I totally loved it. I might have groaned and complained along with my brother, but that was just because I wanted him to think I was cool.

I love learning so much that I went to school for six years after high school. Now that I'm done with my graduate degree, I'm kind of at a loss of how I can keep learning. Who knows, I might go back eventually and decide to get my PhD in Art History, or Italian, or whatever else strikes my fancy. But for now, I'm all set with degrees (and student loan debt!). But just because I'm out of school doesn't mean I don't want to stop learning.

Learn Something New | Equal Parts of a Whole

A blog I follow posted a list of January blog prompts and one struck a chord with me. Write about something you want to learn this year. Last night I was looking over my 101 in 1001 list and updating a few things here and there. No, I didn't forget about it! Anyway, number 92 on the list is to "Complete a course on Coursera."

If you're not familiar, Coursera is a great resource for people all over the world who want to continue learning. They have courses ranging across almost every discipline - art, history, science, technology...you name it!

I've got my eye on a few classes. Some are more for my personal interests, like Roman Architecture or The French Revolution. Some are geared more towards my professional development, like Content Strategy or Understanding Media.

I know I'm crazy for trying to squeeze something else into my already tight schedule, but I can't seem to help it! I honestly miss the bustle of coursework and research and lectures. (You were right, Dad.) That said, I'm all signed up to start learning about Roman Architecture starting in February!

Regardless of your interests, I'd definitely recommend checking out Coursera if learning something new this year is on your list too.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9