2015 Resolution // DO

| On
Thursday, January 01, 2015
I've been thinking a lot over the past few days about what I would like to accomplish in the coming year, as I'm sure many of you have. Scrolling through my blogroll last night, all I could seem to find were lists of what seemed like the same resolutions over and over. Everyone wants to travel more, read more, blog more, run more. It seems like once you add these goals to your list of resolutions, they never seem to leave!

Of course there are always things that I list as resolutions that never seem to get checked off: losing some post-college weight, cleaning the apartment more often, eating healthier, beefing up my savings account, etc. As C and I celebrated the New Year last night I couldn't help but feel that these types of goals just weren't cutting it anymore. I try and try, but never seem to get past the initial "thinking about" stage of my resolutions. I'll make out a blog schedule, and abandon it two weeks in. I'll run three days in a row and then take two months off. This kind of inconsistency is something that I really want to work on.

Instead of boring you with a long list of resolutions that I know I'll end up, well, half-assing, I'm only setting one resolution for 2015: DO. As in -- do it. As in, quit just thinking about it and planning for it, just do it, whatever it might be. Sure, I want to get back into running and plan on signing up for a fall marathon. Sure, I want to blog more regularly and finally decide on a layout that I like. Sure, I want to be more present at home and make time for my little family. All of these things are things that I want to do, but I know the days will pass and I'll plan and plan and make excuses and nothing will get done. Instead, I am challenging myself to simply DO whatever it is that I set my mind to.

2 comments on "2015 Resolution // DO"

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9