A Year in Review // So Long, 2014

| On
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Looking back through my posts from 2014, it might seem that I didn't really do much. In reality, I did a ton! Sadly I didn't have time to share it all on this blog. This is something I hope to change in the coming year.

In January, we had a pretty crazy winter! C and I got stuck down in Indiana for a few days and I definitely decided that I never want to experience -40 degree weather ever again. The University of Michigan also cancelled classes for the first time in many, many years.

February was a relatively quiet month. I was powering through my last semester of my Masters program while C was busy cleaning up all of the snow that we got up here in Michigan. I participated in my first link-up and even wrote my first (hopefully of many) book reviews.

In March, C's family took C and I out west for a little adventure. We got to visit Walla Walla, Washington, see the house where C and his sister grew up, and drive part of the Oregon Trail. We had a little unexpected layover in Las Vegas, but I wrote about five lessons I learned from our flight delay. C and I did a ton of walking and exploring in Portland, but one of my favorite stops was at Multnomah Falls.

In April, I shared some of my favorite Spotify playlists. I also finished up my last classes of my Masters program and celebrated a friend's wedding shower.

In May, I finally graduated from University of Michigan with a Master of Science in Information and started out in the real world. My family came down to Ann Arbor and we had a little celebration complete with Italian wine and some delicious pasta. To kick off the summer, C and I took a Memorial Day camping trip up north.

In June, I did zero blogging, but plenty of traveling. I had the amazing chance to stand in my best friend and her beau's wedding at our alma mater. We had an amazing time celebrating and reminiscing.

July was a very full month. My family all traveled up to Mackinac Island to visit G, my younger brother, who worked on the island this summer. We did a little hiking, a little sightseeing, and enjoyed our time on the island. C and I celebrated my 26th birthday by finally adopting the sweetest little puppy, Zeppelin, and moving into a new apartment.

August found C and I back up north at my family's cabin, celebrating my Dad's birthday. Also, no blogging.

In September, I started a new project at work which was only a little nerve-wracking and extremely exciting. I work with some amazing people and even get a little cubicle to call my own.

October, oddly enough, was my wedding season. My cousin got married in Lansing at a very cute ceremony. Then, a week later, C and I flew out to Boston for the wedding of some of our dearest friends. We had an incredible time touring around the city and celebrating in probably one of the most beautiful ceremonies I've ever seen.

In November, I crossed one of my goals off of my list and ran a Turkey Trot with my mom, aunt, and cousins the morning of Thanksgiving. I surprised myself with a pretty excellent time considering I hadn't been training at all.

December found me posting a little more, mainly about how I want to pick up where I left off with this blog. I spent a lot of time with family, spent a lot of time traveling, and even more time playing with my puppy.

Altogether, 2014 was a pretty great year, but I know that 2015 will be even better!

Happy New Year!
1 comment on "A Year in Review // So Long, 2014"

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9