101 IN 1001 UPDATE

| On
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Last August I made a list of 101 things I wanted to accomplish in 1001 days, or just about two years from today. I know I've been spotty about posting these updates, but I wanted to do a quick whirlwind wrap-up of a few of the things on my list that I've actually accomplished or am working towards accomplishing. I'll try to do a better job of keeping the list updated over the next few months.

First up on the list is NO. 9 - VISIT THE WEST COAST. You might remember that over Spring Break, C's family and I took a trip out to Portland and Walla Walla. Sure, we didn't really get to see the Pacific Ocean, but I'm still going to count it as a win. The trip was so fun, and I'm sure it will come up in some future Travel Tuesdays posts.



Next, is NO. 12 - GRADUATE WITH A GPA ABOVE 3.5. While I didn't exactly accomplish this one, I ended up being just below my goal. The last semester of my program was pretty tough for me, but I powered through. I definitely could have worked a bit harder to accomplish this goal, but I'm okay with where I ended up. And I DID graduate, after all!

NO. 13 - BECOME A MORNING PERSON has been something I was not looking forward to attempting to cross off my list. Since high school, I've had a hard time waking up in the mornings. Sure, I can get to work or class or practice in plenty of time, but I never really have time in the mornings to catch up on blogs, watch the news, or drink a cup of coffee out of something other than my travel mug. For the past few weeks, I've been trying it out and liking it! I set my alarm for 6AM, do some stretches, and head out for a quick walk before work. It's nice being up before the traffic hits, when you can see the sun rise in the park and hear the birds chirping. Taking walks in the mornings has helped me to feel more awake during the day, more alert at work, and is helping keep my bedtime in check. I'm definitely going to try to keep at this!

One thing I definitely wanted to do was send G a care package while he was at school. I worked in the mailroom when I was at DePauw and I knew how meaningful even just one package could be. I can cross NO. 26 off my list. I sent G a pretty sweet care package this winter full of Michigan-themed goodies - chocolates from Schakolad, a cool t-shirt from Rock Paper Scissors, and some candies. Who's the best big sister in the world?

NO. 65 was a bit trickier and I still can't really say that I've fully accomplished it. I had such a great experience when I was an active Alpha Chi Omega at DePauw that I always knew I wanted to find a way to give back. This year I was able to sponsor an AXO senior during her final ceremony as an active. I'm so happy I was able to help, but I definitely want to do more.



There are a few other little things I've done - NO. 77 - EXPAND MY RECORD COLLECTION, NO. 93 - EAT FROM A FOOD TRUCK, NO. 80 - KEEP JEFF (MY CHINESE EVERGREEN) ALIVE FOR AT LEAST A YEAR - that aren't necessarily post-worthy, but I can safely cross them off the list.

There's still more work to do, more goals to check off, but for now I'm happy with the progress that I'm making.
1 comment on "101 IN 1001 UPDATE"
  1. Hooray for crossing things off! Congrats again on graduation :) (PS. Being a morning person is awesome. The rest of the world is still asleep and everything is so calm.)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9