The End Is The Worst Time to Mess It All Up

| On
Saturday, April 05, 2014
Greetings.  Yes, I am alive.

I have been absolutely swamped with everything under the sun.  Sure, it's mostly been work and school and stressing about my future, but I've also been pretty lazy and selfish, spending my time hanging out with C and binging on Game of Thrones and Orange is the New Black.  Sometimes you just need a break, you know?

I am nearing the end of my Master's program, so I'm looking forward to entering the workforce full-time and being completely done with the mountains of readings, three hour lectures, and those pesky assignment due dates that always creep up too quickly.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely value my education, but if I didn't know what senioritis was before, I definitely do now.

I can tell that most of my cohort is feeling the same way, too.  Everyone just seems kind of "over it."  We're busy looking for jobs, applying for Fulbrights, or getting our research in order - generally, preparing for the next big thing.  I overheard a classmate talking about how hard the end of this semester has been and she said something along the lines of, "It's really tough, but the end is the worst time to mess it all up."  That thought really struck me, because it's absolutely right.  I've put in so much work, so many long nights spent hunched over my laptop pouring through reading after readings that it would be ridiculous to just slack off now and risk not finishing strong.

Even though things are tough - looking for jobs, wondering where C and I will live after our lease is up in July, etc. - now is the worst time to let up and mess everything up.  I'm so close to being done that I would hate to muck it all up in the end.  That would be like running twenty-six miles of a marathon and never finishing that last little stretch.  Just like I finished the Chicago Marathon last fall, I will finish this marathon too.

On a related note, I'm hoping that once classes are over and I'm blessed with more free time, I'll be able to write more often.  I've got a whole list of ideas written down, but I never seem to have the time or the energy to really expand upon them.

So wish me luck!  And keep coming around every so often because there is more to come!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9