Five Friday Favorites // Spotify Playlists

| On
Friday, April 18, 2014
I am ridiculous about music at work. Sometimes I like to pick and choose my current favorite songs, but other times I'd rather just hit play and let someone else decide what to play next. I go through a bit of a cycle at work, starting out with some easy tunes in the morning to get me started, picking up the pace when I feel the afternoon slump coming on, and ending, especially on Fridays, with some pump up tunes to get me ready for the weekend.

Here's where Spotify comes in. I'm such a huge fan of the music streaming service that I feel like I'm always talking about it. Not only can I build my own playlists out of their extensive music library, but I can follow pre-made playlists that are always being updated with new material.

Here's some of my favorites for you to try out! Just click play, or you can open up your own Spotify and follow each playlist on your own!

SMOOTH MORNING. I usually start out my mornings listening to this playlist. It's great for easing into the work day without overwhelming me with lyrics. Lots of instrumentals and acoustic tracks in this one.


LOW-KEY INDIE COVERS. I usually transition to this playlist after a while. Fun fact: indie covers of hip-hop or pop songs are pretty much my favorite thing in the world. Highlights of this playlist include Trampled By Turtles covering "Where is My Mind?" and a stellar cover of "Hey Ya" by Obadiah Parker.



YOUR FAVORITE COFFEEHOUSE. This playlist is the perfect mix of songs I know and songs I don't, just like what you hear playing in a coffee shop. In the past, for some reason, I am incredibly productive in coffee shops, so listening to this playlist always helps me get stuff done.



WORKDAY - POP. When I need an afternoon pick-me-up, I crank up this playlist. It's got enough popular music to have me tapping me (sometimes) dancing in my seat.


READY FOR THE WEEKEND. By the end of the workday I'm pretty anxious to get home, get started on homework or housework, and just relax. On Fridays especially, once 4 o'clock rolls around, I'm breezing through my work to try to make time go faster. This playlist is one that I'm still building, but if you follow along on Spotify, you'll be able to listen along with me!


TGIF!
4 comments on "Five Friday Favorites // Spotify Playlists"
  1. 1. I get soo excited when I see a post from you in my reader! :D
    2. I love the new look! Especially that big photo there on the side!
    3. I am totally going to listen to these. My boss always plays a various Pandora station at work and it's usually great, but sometimes I need, uh, something else. (Last week he was obsessed with twany banjo.) Thank you for the playlists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Thank you. Expect to see more posts more often from me! My last class is on Tuesday, so I'll have WAY more free time to work on the blog. The new look is still a work in progress - adjusting some fonts and colors. Glad you like the new picture! I was worried it might look strange.

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Low key covers is now my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I love a good cover. Glad you liked it!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9