Ringing in the New Year

| On
Wednesday, January 01, 2014
Wow.

 I have been away from the helm of this blog for longer than I expected. What began as a brief hiatus due to very little free-time during the end of the semester developed into total radio silence, and for that I am sorry. For a time there, everything I tred to write somehow felt like more of a chore than usual and nothing seemed good enough. I had a hard enough time pumping out a few pages for my classes, let alone come up with some engaging content about my life.

 Now I sit in my apartment contemplating the coming year and I am full of inspiration.

 This past year has been very full and exciting - I traveled to New York City, had some thoughts about comparing myself to others, started my 101 in 1001 list, did some other traveling, ran the Chicago Marathon, and much, much more.

 Looking back over my 2013 resolutions, I definitely made some progress over the past year.

First of all, I completed the Chicago Marathon in October. Training for the race alone was an incredible experience, and helped me to get back into running. The race was absolutely unforgetable. I couldn't have done it without my family there to cheer me on or C to believe in me.

 My second resolution was to focus more on my relationships with people. I did join a few extra groups, instituted some quality C-and-A time at home, and made some extra efforts to branch out in my classes. While the difficulty of making friends in graduate school remains, I have made some work buddies which makes the workday much more tolerable.

 For my third goal of the last year I wanted to be more organized and responsible in my classes. I definitely improved on this over the past year, and needed to while I was working part-time, taking a full-course load and completing an amazing internship over the summer. Being organized definitely helped me juggle assignments and deadlines and will definitely carry over into my final semester of my graduate program.

 My fourth and final goal of this past year was to do a better job on this blog. While I did do some things right, I'm afraid that I ultimately didn't improve as much as I wanted to. I took long breaks when I got too busy, I didn't maintain a set schedule, and I fell behind on otherwise successful series like Travel Tuesday and the Five Friday Faves. Obviously I am working on ways to improve this ... which brings me to a big announcement.

I have decided to move my blog to Blogger, Google's blogging platform. While ultimately this won't change much, I find the interface and design options more customizable than those currently offered on the free Wordpress site. The new site has some kinks to work out, so don't be surprised if things look a little different every time you click, but I'm very excited about starting out the new year at equalpartsofawhole.blogspot.com!

 The coming year is full of possibilities, and while I do have some specific goals in mind - mostly related to fitness, getting healthy, and blogging more regularly - I'm more excited about the unknown. I'll be graduating from my program in May and life after that time is going to be one big adventure. Depending on where I get a job, C and I will either be staying where we are or exploring a new city. I'm excited and anxious and nervous to see where I'll end up, but I can't wait to see what happens.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9