Pocket Pals

| On
Saturday, September 28, 2013
So, I don't know about you, but I often find myself finding links to interesting articles (news, Buzzfeed, or otherwise) but never having enough time to breeze through them.  Eventually the tab on my web browser would get deleted or I would forget the link and the cool article I found about the remains of King Richard's remains or the new single from Mary Lambert would be lost forever in the ever-expanding sea of internet content.

Not anymore.

I use an app called Pocket (formerly known as Read it Later) that is amazing.  I have the plugin on my Chrome so I can quickly save things to my account to read later, usually on my 40 minute bus ride home.  You can also email links to the app that will automatically upload them to your queue.  The old fashioned copy/paste function also works.  I definitely recommend checking Pocket out if you need a tool to save links, manage articles, and keep you entertained.

Since it's Saturday, I thought I'd share a few of the articles that I've collected over the week that have been keeping me entertained.
  • One of my sorority sisters shared this blog post on Facebook and it is incredible.  Sometimes it is hard to be a twentysomething, forced to let go of the easy lifestyle we all enjoyed in our early twenties and dive into the real world, with real responsibility, with real problems.  Before we used to just stress about homework and drama, but now it's all about weddings and babies, new jobs and bills.  This blog post was a great reminder that you don't have to have it all figured out yet.  We're all just learning.  There are no rules for how your life should go.  Sometimes it's nice to have a reminder.
  • I've been on the hunt for some cute autumn wallpapers for my iPhone and found this one through craftgawker.  It's an old post, but I can't get over how perfect it is for autumn.  How cute is this fancy tea-sipping fox?
  • I have a lot of really good friends, but apparently my friendships aren't as good as the one between Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan.  These two Sirs have a friendship that spans multiple fandoms, many years, and many traditions.  I can only hope to have a friendship as half as loving as theirs.
  • If you follow me on Spotify, you've seen me play this song over and over.  I can't get over how catchy it is, and this video is visually striking...even though it's all basically an advertisement.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9