Last First Day of School

| On
Monday, September 09, 2013
Life is measured mostly in firsts and lasts.  I remember (vaguely) my first day of school, the time I lost my first tooth, or the first time I broke a bone.  I also remember the last time I ran a cross country race, performed in a musical, or traveled somewhere new.  Tomorrow marks another important last for me - my last first day of school...hopefully ever.  Yes, tomorrow I start my last new classes for the beginning of the final year of my program at the University of Michigan School of Information.  Well, okay - technically we started classes last Tuesday, but I was in such a whirlwind that I didn't have a chance to write about it.  But tomorrow is still an iconic day that will mark the beginning of the end.


Obviously there's still a chance that I could go back to school after a few years of work for another Masters or even a PhD.  I mean, my mom has one and she's pretty great.  But for the foreseeable future, I'm thinking that 18th grade is as far as I need to go before I can start a good career and get some more work experience. I almost can't believe that I'm nearly done with my Masters degree, but part of me is dying to be finished and start a career.  I'm already starting the job search and am excited for the chance to start fresh, try a new city, and sort of being my life in the real world.  That being said....I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself.  I'm still going to cherish my weird operating hours, the ability to drink coffee after 7pm, the walks through campus, and just the general feeling of learning something new.  If you recall from my 101 in 1001 post, I've got some big goals for this semester - like improving my GPA (#12), finishing major assignments well ahead of time (#67), and then just in general I want to do my best to soak everything in this year.  And, let's be honest, do more of the readings.

So, cheers to the fall!
1 comment on "Last First Day of School"
  1. :) I am excited for you! But it's also so bittersweet. This year just felt *wrong* without a first day of class. I know you will be awesome at school and at finding a job!!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9