Gianicolense Reunion

| On
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
I've done it again, haven't I? I've gone and gotten your hopes up for more regular posts and then my life goes and gets in the way. I've been meaning to go back over all of the crazy things I did this summer [running a half-marathon on my birthday weekend, a family trip up to the Upper Peninsula, my first trip to St. Louis, some good live shows that C and I were able to catch] but there just doesn't seem to be time for me to share everything all at once.

One thing I was able to do this summer was have a totally coincidental and utterly unplanned Roma reunion! That's right - one of my roommates from my semester abroad in Rome was randomly doing a project in Ypsilanti for her fabulous job at QVC. It was the strangest thing.

I was at Notre Dame scrolling through my Instagram feed when I saw that she had posted a picture of this tiny park just down the road from my apartment along the Huron River. My jaw dropped, I was so shocked. I immediately jumped on Facebook to see if it was true or if my third coffee that day was possibly messing with my vision, but I was right - She was in Ypsi!

We met up for drinks the next night and had such a good time reminiscing about our adventurous lives in Rome, dreaming of kebabs, and making plans for another reunion sometime in the future. Check out the mad love we have for each other in our first roommate photo and in our last one. Belle!

GianicolenseReunion1

20130917-183412.jpg

What a difference three years of friendship makes!  Have you had any chance meetings lately?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9