101 in 1001 - No. 23

| On
Thursday, September 26, 2013
If you recall, a few weeks ago I made a list of 101 things I want to accomplish in the next 1001 days.  If you forgot, you can check out the list here.  Last weekend I was able to cross one of my goals off of my list.

My younger brother, G, is all grown up and in his first year of college at Alma College in Alma, Michigan.  It's so hard for me to believe that he's that old already!  It seems like just yesterday we were playing in the backyard together and I was still taller than him!

Last weekend was Parent's Weekend at Alma and since C was away on a fishing trip I decided to tag along.  We got there in the morning for a quick welcome meeting before the real activities started.  I hung out with G for a little bit before heading to the library to get some work done before the afternoon football game.  The campus is beautiful and quite different from my undergraduate experience at DePauw (who was recently recognized for it's campus squirrel obsession), but made me want to be back in college.


Alma's mascot is the Scot's so, obviously, their marching band wears kilts and has a bagpipe section.  We got to see them perform at the football game before we took off to Mt. Pleasant to buy G some new clothes and get slurpees.

It was a great visit and cool to see where G is spending all of his time.  I can't wait to make it to one of his swim meets later this year!
2 comments on "101 in 1001 - No. 23"
  1. Yay! I looked at your 101 literally yesterday to see if you had done anything and I had somehow missed it :) It's so fun to see where siblings are at college and to compare it with DPU (my little brother went to Butler). Also I am glad you put the squirrel link in because everyone needs to know about our enormous squirrels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously the squirrels were a huge part of my undergraduate experience. Nothing quite compares, though, because DPU is the best!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9