Summer Sun and Spotify

| On
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Well, that title might be a little misleading.  I don't really see a lot of sun during these summer days.  I spend two days each week working in a dusty warehouse cataloging donations and the rest of the week in a freezing cold, windowless office organizing digital video.  Don't get me wrong, I love every minute of the work that I get to do (even though it's super nerdy and hard to explain), but I do wish sometimes that I got to be outside more.  That's part of the reason that I'm loving squeezing my runs in at the end of the day.  But for those long hours in the office I swear I wouldn't last a week without music.

I've always been a big fan of a wide range of music, but in the office that obsession is totally amplified.  I need some tunes to help me focus, help pass the time, or sometimes to help get me out of a midday slump.  Here's where Spotify comes in.  I used to only ever rely on my own personal iTunes collection (which is admittedly pretty extensive) and then I moved to Pandora and spent a brief period of time with Songza (which I'll still use sometimes because I love their mood-generated playlists).  Now I'm totally smitten with Spotify.

Ever since I did a semester-long research project about Spotify last semester, I have been seriously in love with all of the amazing features and just how easy it is to find new music.  Imagine your iTunes library plus 2 million songs that you never thought you'd want to have right at your fingertips!  It's that simple!  Sure - the mobile app is radio only (like Pandora) until you pay the $4/month, but when I'm just at my laptop, the desktop version or the web version supply me with the perfect soundtrack for whatever I'm doing that day.  I can listen to everything from the latest Justin Timberlake album (love!) to some old school hip hop (yes, sometimes the mood strikes me).  There's tons of music to be discovered, playlists to create, and interesting people to follow!

Speaking of interesting people, check out my profile and you'll be able to see some of the playlists that I'm building.  Right now my summer mixes are sort of eclectic and weird (Why can't I stop listening to "To Be With You" by Mr. Big?!) but that shouldn't stop you from exploring the great music that Spotify has to offer.

Click here to view my profile (you might have to sign up for Spotify, but it's super easy through your Facebook account) and check out what I'm listening to!

What do you listen to when you need to get in the zone?  Got any good summer jams?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9