Lean In

| On
Friday, April 05, 2013
I know I haven't done a Five Friday Favorites in a while, but honestly I have something more important to share.

You may or may not have heard of this book/idea/philosophy that is kind of lighting up the news lately: Lean In.  Named after a book by Sheryl Sandberg, Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, it is absolutely riveting.  I'm only a few chapters in and I already feel empowered to lean in.

The whole idea is that women are underrepresented in major companies and leadership positions across the world.  While still acknowledging the fact that many women choose to stay at home, Sandberg is hoping to encourage those who choose to stay in the workforce (or who choose to balance a family with a successful career - because it is possible) to lean all the way in and reach for the top.  I've been talking with my friend Ash about this book and we've kind of decided that it's mostly important for not only women our age to read and become inspired, but also for the men in our lives to consider these ideas.  After all, men are part of this phenomenon too!

I'd definitely recommend this book to all of my readers.  Take a chance, lean in to this idea, and let me know what you think!

P.S. Sandberg just did a session of Levo League's Office Hours at the Paley Center - where I interned over Spring Break.  Definitely check it out!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9