Christy Kitty

| On
Thursday, April 04, 2013
Today is a sad day.

Today my parents made the call to take my cat in to be put down.  It might seem silly to get so upset about a cat, but this cat was like a member of the family.

Christy

I found Christy when I was three years old, crawling around outside our house.  The story goes that I ran up to my mom with this little ginger kitten draped over my shoulder and said, "Look, Mom!  I found a kitten!  Can we keep it?"  Of course I was convincing enough that my parents said yes.  That fateful day was just over twenty-one years ago.  Yes, Christy was old enough to drink.  She's older than my little brother and she was my best friend and playmate when I was growing up.  She loved to get her belly rubbed, scratch at the dogs, and sleep in sunny spots in the front room.

Christy really made my childhood special and I am so sad that she had to go.  She would always cuddle me in my bed and keep monsters away when I had nightmares.  We would stay up late at night reading books and drowsing in and out of sleep.  She would always greet me at the door when I (finally) came home from college and knew my voice even up until the end.

Maybe someday I'll get another ginger cat but no pet can ever take Christy's place in my heart.
4 comments on "Christy Kitty"
  1. Awww, I'm sorry Alana! She was such a sweet little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened? It cut my sentence off...LOL Any way, she was such a sweet little kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's chance that there is an ad for skydiving on this post. Christy is in skydiving kitty heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. As a cat Mom I know exactly how you feel. They are members of the family for sure.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9