NYC: I am a visitor here.

| On
Monday, March 04, 2013
Phew.  Only one day in and I'm already so grateful for my bunk bed.

I've had a jam-packed day which sadly started with not quite enough sleep and an unfortunately early start.  I woke up, showered, couldn't decide on an appropriate outfit, and finally calmed down and headed out to catch the train down to the Paley Center for Media.  I went with one other girl who is working at the same organization and we arrived a bit too early for either of us to get there.  (My mentor commutes from Long Island and told me explicitly to arrive no earlier than 10.)  Since we had time, after grabbing two lattes, we walked down to Rockefeller Plaza to check out 30 Rock, the skating rink, and other famous landmarks.  I was so psyched to tread some of the same ground that my great love and idol, Tina Fey, has walked.

After snapping some pictures (check out my Instagram!) we headed back to the Paley for a full day of work!  My mentor is great and I've learned a lot just from one day about how exciting the life of in the world of digital media can be!

After work, I went back to the hostel to drop off my things and change into some comfortable clothes.  Then I went back out for dinner with two girls from my program.  We went to Gray's Papaya for some dogs then walked down to Lincoln Center to admire the Chagall murals and snap some pictures of the fountain at night.  We walked a bit further down before deciding that it was just a bit too cold to keep going so we popped into a little cafe for some coffee and cheesecake.  After hitting the wall of exhaustion, we decided to head back to the hostel to relax before Day 2.

So far I'm having a really incredible time in New York.  I know I'm just a visitor here, but it's still nice to see what it would be like to live and work in the city.  I kind of love the subway and I'm really starting to know my way around this little island.  I just know that there is so much more that I want to do in the city, but there just isn't enough time to do it all.  I'm excited for C to get here so that we can do more touristy things (walk the Brooklyn Bridge, go up the Empire State Building, etc.), so expect more lovely photos then!

And now I retire to my bunk, with dreams of what food I'll eat tomorrow.  (Bagel for breakfast, sushi for lunch, Harry Potter Exhibition to feed my soul.)

XOXO

A
1 comment on "NYC: I am a visitor here."
  1. [...] the week volunteering at the Paley Center for Media.  (You can read about my adventures here, here, and [...]

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9