Travel Tuesday: Anything But Mini Friendship

| On
Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"He can't do that to our pledges!  Only we can do that to our pledges."
Otter and Boon, Animal House


TT - 2.19.13 -1


Where was this photo taken?

This photo was taken right as I finished the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon in May of 2011.  Now, that time is the official gun time.  My actual time was 1:41.  Not that big of a difference, except for the fact that I started in the third corral behind the start line.

Who were you with?
 I ran the race with my darling friend, Pledge.  She has always been known to me as Pledge and she forever will be.  We have a beautiful friendship that may or may not have spurred from our mutual love of fratiness and America back in my days at DePauw.  But it's more than that, and I learned more about our friendship during this race than ever before.  We rocked  this race.  While we both did run cross-country for DPU, I don't know that I've ever had so much fun or been so proud of a race as I am of this one.  (The only sad part is that my results aren't even listed under my name!  I ran in place of another girl on the XC team because she was injured.  At least I got her a nice PR!)

TT - 2.19.13 - 2

Why was this moment so important to capture?
This moment was important to me then because it was my very last race while I was still at DePauw.  And it still is the last race that I have run, almost two years later.  This is a very sad realization for me and today I'm making moves to change it.  You might recall from my 2013 Resolutions that I have a goal to train for and run the Chicago Marathon.  Well, today is the day that I officially register and fully commit to my goal.  It's a long road ahead and while I wish that Pledge could be there with me to laugh at old men and wear tiger stripe spandex, this is something I have to do on my own.

So from now on, expect updates on marathon training and possibly lots of anxiety because of it!

Are you training for any races this year?  How are your resolutions coming?

XOXO

A



1 comment on "Travel Tuesday: Anything But Mini Friendship"
  1. […] along a large walking trail.  I was nervous because this race was my first race of any kind since I ran the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon in 2011.  That race was so great, but it was also over two years ago!  I was shooting for a sub-30 minute […]

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9