Donation Crunch Time

| On
Monday, February 25, 2013
In order to spare you my typical apology, I won't even comment on the fact that I haven't posted in nearly a week.  Meh, life happens.

I will, however, comment on the fact that one week from today I will be in New York working with an amazing organization and having what promises to be the best time!  C and I are finalizing our touristy plans and I'm working on a group outing to see the Harry Potter Exhibition with some people in my group.  I keep having dreams that something terrible happens or that my parents decide to fly out and surprise me (which wouldn't be terrible since they would probably buy me dinner at least once) or that C's flight gets cancelled and I'm stuck tourist-ing around by myself.  But I'm sure that everything is going to run smoothly and be perfectly fine.  And I'll have tons to write about!

But until then, I need something from you.  Yes, you!  And it is crunch time, people!

As you may or may not recall, the whole reason I am able to go to New York is because of the University of Michigan School of Information's Alternative Spring Break program (UMSI ASB program; we love our acronyms!).  I will be spending my time volunteering at the Paley Center for Media, an organization focused on preserving film as well as providing a discussion space for actors, broadcasters, producers, and the like.  In order for the program to continue, we depend on donations to provide housing and transportation for the 100+ students who participate.  And here's how you  can help!

First, you can make a donation on my fundraising site: http://www.crowdrise.com/informationaccessandliteracy/fundraiser/alanagrace.  In order to meet my fundraising goals, I need to raise at least $500 or I will be charged a $150 fee.  As a poor graduate student, I would much rather spend this money on sushi, a New York hotdog, a trip around Ellis Island, the entrance fee to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Cloisters, and my ticket to the Empire State Building.  My mother taught me that spending money on experiences is completely fine, and in New York food, culture, and sight-seeing definitely qualifies as an experience!

Secondly, you can pass this information on to your friends and family!  Everyone loves to support an adventure, right?

And finally, you can stay tuned right here for updates on my travels, funny happenings, and, of course, lots and lots of pictures!

XOXO

A

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9