The Casual Vacancy ... on my bedside table.

| On
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
I've finally done it!  I finished A Casual Vacancy!  And I must say ... it was haunting.

Yes, it was different from Harry Potter but I found that it had the same richness to the characters and the same kind of deep and mysterious world, even though the subject matter seemed incredibly mundane.  There was just so much that happened, so much that could have happened...so much hope and so much despair.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it yet, but my goodness!  I'd love to talk to someone about it because I was left with so many unresolved feelings and emotions that I spent the entire day after I had finished it moping around the house crying and sulking.

So, if anyone else has read it, puh-lease email me - equalpartsofawhole@gmail.com - because I sincerely want to know what you thought!

Next up on my reading list is, as always, Atlas Shrugged.  Although I've determined that I can't read Ayn Rand before bed because it's just so dense and the book is just so big that it requires a desk or a table.  Or the couch.

Anyone have a suggestion for an easy, bedside table read that isn't too scary?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9