Stay in for safety's sake.

| On
Monday, January 21, 2013
A small snowstorm has hit the Ypsilanti area which thankfully means that C has some work to do and I have some quiet time around the house.  Not that that changes my behavior that much - eating lunch too early, watching episodes of Downton Abbey when I should be studying, and trying to beat my high score on Temple Run 2 (Did you know there's a Temple Run 2?!  It's totally awesome with a mine cart section and zip lines!  Try it out if you love the original.).

You might remember from my post about my 2013 Resolutions that I've challenged myself to run the Chicago Marathon in October of this year so I am slowly reintroducing myself to running.

I've been waking up early in the mornings to squeeze in my run before I get too busy and don't want to do it.  So far I've been sticking to my training schedule incredibly well, but when I woke up this morning and saw the snow, I freaked out.

I panicked because I knew that I should probably stay in because the roads might be slick and it would really be dangerous for me to go out for a run but I knew that this would mess up my schedule and the good streak that I was on.

I took a breath and realized that if this is my biggest problem, then I've got nothing to worry about.  I've done a great job getting back into the run and staying with the schedule that it won't hurt me too badly to stay inside because of the weather.  I've just got to be sure to get out there tomorrow or go in to the gym in Ann Arbor.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9